Tuesday, December 19, 2023

Books: Transformer , Blue Machine

 These two books came highly recommended via friends and social media.


I had really enjoyed his earlier book, The Vital Question. It was an exploration of energy constraints on the evolution of complex life on earth and perhaps elsewhere in the universe. Transformers takes a deeper look at the chemical processes underlying cellular function and their commonalities and differences across the spectrum of life.






Growing up as a hard rock geologist, I received very little training in how the ocean functioned. And to be honest, I have not updated myself on this immensely important topic in earth sciences. Blue Machine is my chance to learn more about how oceans shape our world. Looking forward to this one!


No comments:

Post a Comment