Saturday, March 23, 2019

Two Short Talks - Deccan Basalts And Geology

My friend Milind Sathe has started an arts and science outreach initiative for children named Khula Aasmaan (Open Sky). He asked me if I could give two short talks, one on my career path and experiences in geology, and the other on Deccan Basalts.

We went to a nearby hill to shoot the videos. An abandoned quarry and the basalt rock made for a pretty and relevant backdrop to the video.

Here are the links. Email subscribers who can't see the embedded video can use the permanent link to go to the Khula Aasmaan web pages for access.

1) Link- Deccan Basalts: Eruptions, mass extinctions, western ghat escarpment, ground water properties.

One correction. I mention that India broke away from Africa about 100 million years ago. It was earlier, beginning about 160 million years ago.



2) Link- Geology: My career pathway and broad interests.



Hope you like them!

2 comments:

  1. Amazing. I loved the video of Deccan Traps as all the aspects of it are covered in very few minutes. Your thoughts on career in geology really inspired me sir. Thank you for such an amazing blog.

    ReplyDelete
  2. thanks... glad you found it useful!

    ReplyDelete